To avoid terminal windows, when you know that you are gonna run the software or any other static commands individually, you can make shortcuts of them, by using the Launcher.
How To Make Terminal Shortcuts In Ubuntu
To make Terminal Shortcuts in Ubuntu, follow the steps below:
- Goto your Desktop, and Right Click on it
- Choose Create Launcher, from the menu.
A popup form will appear
- In Type field, choose Application in Terminal
- In the Name field, give the name of the shortcut, example gedit
- In the Command field, give the terminal command, example, sudo gedit
- Click on OK button
and you’re done.
Hope this will help you in making Terminal Shortcuts in Ubuntu.
For any questions or queries, please submit your comments in this article.